Backup Site for Vivian Arend

If things go wrong over at the main site, this is where you can find me.
Otherwise, head over there for the latest news.

Monday, September 15, 2008

Reign it in or Step it Up?

I've come to the conclusion there are NOT enough hours in a day.

I can't do it all.

Of course, what 'I' want to do and what needs to be done are not lining up properly to my way of thinking. And since I'm the Queen of bursts of enthusiasm I WANT to do whatever I'm doing to the n-th degree.

I want to have 12 stories all out there NOW. I want to have stories in with my editor at Samhain and try to write for other markets as well. I want to set up a website, find people to read my WIP, find a group of other writers I can relate to and visit with, find ways to promote...

But there's not enough time and I'm going to have to watch I don't burn out or burn up the house with negligence. I'm still homeschooling the kids. We have a new puppy, I have a husband I'd like to keep. I have a body to keep in shape...

So I need to figure out how to enjoy the journey without wrecking the boat! Balance. I'm not going to be able to cruise chatrooms and blogs for hours a day. Not now.

So I need to pick my 'gotta do's' a little better.

No comments: